Estée Lauder DayWear 'cucumber moisturizer'



The Estée Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Crème SPF 15, is the brands' bestselling moisturizer. Its formulated for dry skin and is also known as there ‘cucumber cream’.
The smell is very pleasant and fresh (light cucumber), the whole DayWear line smells like fresh cucumber.

This ‘cucumber moisturizer’ contains antioxidants, which are supposed to protect your skin from harmful environmental influences. It has broad sun protection 15 SPF UVA and UVB, which is very high for a western moisturizer! Furthermore it contains the hydrating cell communicating ingredient; hyaluronic acid. The cream is very hydration and thus perfect for dry skin.

So the ‘multi-function ‘ characteristics give this moisturizer its long name: the Estée Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF 15.


This is not my first time using this moisturizer, I used this product a couple of years back and loved it! no wonder that I decided to get another one. The Estée Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF 15 comes in a light blue jar, the cream has a light greenish color. The texture is very light and smooth, it really feels moisturizing. It works good on my combination- dry skin. Absorbs quit fast without feeling heavy. I have combination skin that mostly tends to be very dry on my T-zone and oily on my cheeks (I know very strange). I like to use this product on my dry areas/patches. This is the problem with combination skin types, sometimes you have to use more than one product.  

But the only negative think about this cream is the packaging, instead of a hygienic tube or plumping bottle, Ester Lauder decided to put it in a jar. The ingredient list is very impressive but when it comes into contact with air the active ingredients could break down faster. 
Would I recommend this cream? Sure, if you have combination – to dry skin and can spend a little bit more. The price is around 50 dollar for 50 ml, so not cheap. If you like the cream you can get the whole line, e.g. a lotion, a tinted moisturizer and BB cream. There is an oil free version and a lotion of this cream , which I want to try and compare it to this version. I think I would like the Oil free version more, because it’s actually better for my skin type (I prefer oil free product) 
the very moment I have a Korean skincare routine using sum37 products. I will need to finish this cream at one point. It’s a good moisturizing for my skin but doesn’t do anything for my pores and blemishes. If you worry about sensitiveness, I didn’t experience any breakouts. 
Pro's
  • Impressive ingredients : antioxidants and hyaluronic acid 
  • Smooth and light texture 
  • Absorbs fast
  • Smells fresh 
  • Good for oily combination skin 
  • Moisturizing (perfect for dry – combination skin) 
  
Cons 
  • not oil free, too rich for oily skin types 
  • pricey,  50 dollar for 50 ml

No comments