Caudalie Lip Conditioner an anti-oxidant and moisturizing lip balm




How many of you use Lip balms regularly ? If I don’t take care of my lips they become chapped and dry, especially in the winter. Sometimes they crack open and I have the urge to bite on them, gross I know (. So it’s actually necessary for me to use lip balms. However, most lip balm

products tend to feel dry on my lips and make the problem even worse. That was the case until I found this lovely lip balm from Caudalie.

The Caudalie Lip Conditioner (Soin des Levres) is an anti-oxidant and moisturizing lip balm with 99.5% natural ingredients. The texture was a little bit hard at the beginning  but after several applications it became smooth and now glides on easy. The lip balm smells of vanilla, gentle not to strong.

What Caudalie says: Concentrated with moisturizing active ingredients plus antioxidant grape polyphenols and repairing apricot oil, this balm leaves lips soft, repaired, and protected.

Ingredient list: Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax*, Cetyl Palmitate*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract*, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Cetearyl Alcohol*, Cetyl Alcohol*, Palmitic Acid*, Stearic Acid*, Hydrogenated Stearyl Olive Esters*, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil*, Parfum (Fragrance), Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Hydrogenated Castor Oil*, Tocopheryl Acetate*, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate*, Glyceryl Oleate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid. *Plant origin.

I bought this product in a French pharmacy together with a travel size hand cream, it was really cheap (special price 5 euro for the duo), if you buy it ‘solo’ its from 3.50 to 6 euro depending on the pharmacy (12$ in the US). Sometimes you can find them in packs of three in France.    
I like the fact that it all natural (99.5%) and formulated without Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates. For sure something to expect from the brand. Compared to regular waxy drugstore lip balms this lip balm feels moisturizing even after several hours of application. There is no ‘oil feel’ on the lips like with regular waxy lip balms and it doesn’t feel heavy. It really conditions my lips, after two month of regular application my lips are softer and less dry/chopped. I didn’t have the chance to try this out in the cold winter months which may recruit something stronger/heavier.
If you have dry shopped lips and you are looking for something moisturizing with a light texture  I would definitely advise the Caudalie Lip Conditioner. But the product is light it may be necessary to combine it with other lip products.
My lips look better now but I’m still looking around for other lip products, there is always room for improvement in the overall appearance of my lips.  My next goal is to try one of this Korean lip mask.

Pros
- Light texture
- Nice scent
- Moisturizing without feeling heavy
- Not oily-waxy on the lips
- Good price (in France)
Cons
- Could be not moisturizing enough for the cold winter months

2 comments

  1. This sounds like a great product, especially because I'm trying to take extra care of my lips at the moment. The crazy British weather is drying them out :/


    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nuxe lip honey balm (miel) is also very good even more moisturizing ) love french pharmacy brands

      X

      Delete